- Smartphone, mobile phone, or landline
- Cell phone coverage
- This is required for the initial enrollment process.
- The DUO app can be used without cell phone coverage or wifi connectivity.
- Passcode on your smartphone
- In order to use the DUO app with FIU’s Two-Factor Authentication, you must have a passcode on your smartphone. The passcode can be a code, pattern, or biometric, whichever your smartphone supports.
- If you don’t have the passcode on your smartphone, you will not be able to use the DUO mobile app even if it has already been installed.